The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Never Mind the Blisters! Oh, Yeah?

Still Day 7 and I've decided to walk regardless of the blister. I need to toughen up, surely.
So, after being extremely fussy and careful with my socks and shoes, I set out. I managed the first 8 kms very comfortably, and at that point even speeded up my rate. At the 13 Kms mark, I stopped because I knew the bloody blister was going to dominate me soon!
Not what I had hoped to walk, but not too disappointing either. I was maintaining my rate of under 10 mins per km all the way through, and I was feeling very good.
But, no walking tomorrow, and a good foot soaking tonight while watching television.

David.

1 comment:

Littlelou said...

I will be sure to purchase myself a copy of 'The Scotsman' on Tuesday and can scan you the story if need be. Try a product called 'second skin' on that blister..works a treat.