The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Monday, January 14, 2008

Damn! and Damn again!


Day 8 and not a good start to my walk today!
Maybe because I had not walked yesterday, to give a blister a chance to settle, or maybe because I started off walking today too quickly, my lower legs were almost immediately very tight and painful, both shins and calves. This lasted for about the first 5 kms. Then it got easier, and I had visions of not only walking the total 16 kms today, but possibly to finish off with a bit of speed!
HaHa-bloody-Ha!
At about 7kms there was a lovely cutting feeling at the blister on my left foot, felt as though I had walked on the sharp end of a piece of brokeb glass. Another step, another sharp pain. OK ! Not risking that, I gave up, and hobbled over to my car and drove home. Only 7 kms today, and bad prospects for the next 2 or 3 days?
I'm not sure how it will turn out, but above is a photo of the blister, taken badly with a very miniature digital camera. Taken by myself, thus difficult to get the best angle.
Anyway, if you have remedies for blisters, please post them to me !!

David.

5 comments:

Samsara said...

Congrats on your 101 progress so far! Lavender oil works well on blisters, as does soaking your feet in salt water regularly to harden your feet up and make them less blister suseptible!

TartanWonder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TartanWonder said...

Thank you very much, samsara. For your good wishes and your advice.
Yes, I should have taken such action sooner.

(I deleted the previous comment because when it published, the first part was missing. I never preview my stuff!).

David.

Tesla said...

I hope your blister heals soon so you can get back to walking!

TartanWonder said...

Thank you very much, Austin, and in fact I'm having to carry on walking and try to ignore the blister. See later posting - Blister bigger!