The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

And a Bit Farther

Yesterday I got an email saying that my best friend in Edinburgh, Ian, who had suffered a heart attack on Tuesday, been hospitalised and had a shunt inserted, then released home on Thursday, had suffered another attack on Friday and was back in intensive care.
I read this after I had done my walk, had a shower, rested a bit and fallen asleep. So, I forgot to post here yesterday.
Any, I walked 9 laps yesterday which is 16.9749 kms. I did it in 3 hrs 1 M 34 secs. That equates to some 5.65 kms per hour. Short of the 6 mins I'm looking for.
The weather helped a lot, for whereas it has always been strong hot sunshine when I've wlked previously, yesterday was very overcast, and threatening rain. There was a strong cool breeze blowing.
Today, Margaret and I were in Whakatane for shopping and for my 3-monthly medical check-up. Apparently I'm still alive! Weight 81kgs; blood pressure 139 over 73. Not bad for me.
Before starting this posting, I've checked for any later news on Ian's condition. Nothing on my email inboxes, so I'm expecting that absence of news to be in itself good news.
We're getting ready to receive Sandy and susan fron Britain, via Sydney, on Friday, so I'll have to give up the walking for helping Margaret tidy house and garden up a wee bit.

6 comments:

Susan Harwood said...

David . . .

I hope you have good news of your friend soon.

I've just turned on my blog and found you have deleted your comment on SPORT . . . and wondered why.

Susan

TartanWonder said...

I tried to post a photo to go with my text, but the phpto did not show. Only the line of [IMG} . . . . .[/IMG]. I'll try it again here, and see what happens [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/tartan87terror/Kaw-WhakWalk.jpg[/IMG]

Littlelou said...

Sorry to read about your friend.

You asked about the links to your site and Andys blog in my post. It took me a while to get it but I will pass the 'knowledge' on..haha.
When you are composing your post you click the words you want to link and highlight then on the toolbar is a little globe symbol (link symbol) you click this and then enter the website address you are linking to. sorry if this isnt clear. Good luck

TartanWonder said...

Thanks, Louise, I'll try that here and see what happens.

David Walking


Well, that didn't work, because I don't see a toolbar at my "Leave your comment" box.

I'll publish this anyway, and see if a toolbar appears then which I might use.

Tesla said...

David,
I hope your friend starts to get better soon.

TartanWonder said...

Thank you, Austin,

It's a very kind thought by you.

Ian in Edinburgh has in fact been in and out of hospital twice now, and the 2nd visit was not a good one for him. However, He's now home and emailing his jokes to us again. He says he's ever so much better, and I'm sure he's taking all the care he can.

Again, thank you very much.