The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Monday, January 7, 2008

2 Down, 99 to go !

Day Two of 'The List' and I've COMPLETED a second item.
#2: I have today Monday walked 6 kms, in 55 minutes 23 seconds. Do the times, and indeed the seconds, matter? Certainly to me they do! To do the Rotorua Marathon in less than 7 hours (at which point, I believe, the organisers of the Marathon stop officially recording finishing times), I need to average less that 10 minutes per kilometre. Since I'll need to allow for slow starting rate in the Marathon itself due to the large number of starters bunching up, and also then allow for stops (apparently at each hour of walking), I need to discipline my self to check the time for each kilometre I walk. Maybe I'll train hard enough in the just less than 4 months remaining until the day of the Marathon to be able to string together some longer walking times than one hour before needing a break, and maybe I'll manage to get the time per Km down to close to 9 minutes? Who knows? I certainly don't at this stage.

David.

No comments: