The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Friday, January 18, 2008

Horror of Horrors !!!!!

I didn't post yesterday as I didn't walk yesterday, and I had a lazy day.
Today, I borrowed a measuring wheel from a friend at the Kawerau District Council offices, so that I could accurately measure the lap which I had guesstimated to be 6 kms and on which I based my daily distances and times.
I was, of course, hoping that it would be a bit more than the 2 kms. Horror of horrors when it turned out to be 1.8861 kms !! So, I've been telling all of you - and myself, too - a lie!
It means that my pace has been some 5.758 kms instead of 6 kms per hour. And, so, the daily distances that I've recorded up to now need to be divided by 2 and multiplied by 1.8861 to give the true distance. Well, I'm just not up to doing that, but I've cleansed my conscience by at least putting the record straight at this stage.
I didn't do my walking today, apart from that one measuring lap, because my wife and I are preparing for tomorrow's craft market at Ohope Beach. Next walk will be on Sunday.

4 comments:

Littlelou said...

Ive been clicking on the ads every day..hope this helps. That craft market sounds like my thing..have good day out.

GymDeZ said...

I have one of those gizmos you attach to your leg, that you calibrate to a known distance, ie, so many steps per a given distance. It was given to us by the company I work for in conjunction with their Health and Safety program. It's pretty accurate...and light weight. Might be something you could get some use out of, David.

GymDeZ said...

David, I just checked EBay. Numerous pedometers are available. They do everything but change the diaper on the baby.

TartanWonder said...

Thanks, Louise (in Scotland) and Jim (in Nevada).

The craft market was very successful for me, for I took in NZ$60 for books I've sold. Cost me $15 for my stall, so $45 to go towards petrol on Friday when we travel to Auckland to pick up Sandy and Susan (from) Berwick, north England) and bring them back to Kawerau for a couple of days.

I've tried pedometers in the past, Jim, and I've never been happy with the results. And, I don't like to have more on me when walking than necessary. Good thought, though, and I thank you for it. Also, spending money is way down on my list of things to do - doesn't even make it to my 101 Things List! - because basically I haven't got any spare cash. If it wasn't for my wife's wonderful stewardship of our fortnightly pension, I'd be in real strife!
See my latest addition to my list of things to do, Jim.