The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Joy of Joys

Day 5, and I managed 12 kilometres walking with only one brief stop, and that despite me telling the person interrupting my walking that I could not stop to answer his question, for I was timing what I was doing. Well, considering it was our Mayor who wanted to talk to me, I made an exception to my rule! And, anyway, he's a really big bloke!
He is a butcher, and has a shop in our small town square. The 2-kms circuit that I use is a walk on the roadsides and pavements around the business centre of town,
He told me that he had earlier said to one of his shop assistants, "That's the second or third time I've seen that little bugger Paterson walking past over there. Wonder what he's up to."
So, he drove his vehicle out of the backyard area of his shop and stopped just ahead of where I was walking. I told him what I was doing, and he wished me well. Mind you, it means that half of the folk in town will know soon just what this mad Scotsman is up to now( there's always something I'm getting involved in), and that should prevent a number of interruptions while I'm walking. No offers of sponsorship expected here, however!
I did the 12 kms in 2 hours and 2 minutes 0 seconds, not at all bad after yesterday's fiasco of a performance.
Note that I've managed to figure out how to add a PayPal Donation facility to this blog, for any of you who'd like to contribute financially (no matter how little)to my Walking Adventure Dream.

1 comment:

Littlelou said...

Good going! You wouldn't enjoy walking out here at the moment...its bucketing down!!I noticed like me you have begun working on your list before completing listing the items. I have 4 to fill in and have so far completed 4 items...lots in progress!!