The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Blister Bigger !!

Day 11, and I have checked and discovered that I didn't post last Sunday, and therefore made a mistake with some of my day numbers in later postings. Not to worry, I'm not going back to make changes now.
Today, I walked 16 kms in 2 hours 36 minutes and 23 seconds. This is slower than 10 minutes per kilometre, but I'm not at all unhappy about that. The main thing is that I managed to do more than the shocking 7 kms in my previous walk.
However, the blister is bigger, and certainly more painful right now as I type at 23:21 hours on Wednesday. I've soaked both feet in salted water, with some antiseptic fluid in it also, while watching television earlier. Unfortunately, my left ankle has swollen quite a bit. This is because that was the drainage point when the vein was harvested from the left leg for the heart bypass surgery, and one of the things I have to be careful about is it swelling.
So, I'm off to bed to have that left foot raised above my reclining body level, and tomorrow morning it should all be back to normal.
I'm not walking at all tomorrow, and will see about doing more than 16 Kms on Friday. No walking on Saturday because I am at craft market with Margaret for half of that day.

4 comments:

Littlelou said...

16 km..well done..I probably couldn't manage 1 km. Maybe in the summer I will try and walk further than the bus stop!!

TartanWonder said...

Nah, Louise, get the Council to move the bus stop closer to ya! Then walk further than the bus stop!
Gotta laugh, haven't you?

Susan Harwood said...

Dear David

I'm concerned that my question about the amount of walking you are usually accustomed to may propelled you into doing more than is appropriate just yet - and that you've ended up making your blister worse as a result.

I do hope not.

After all, it's an impressive thing - starting in a small way and building up to an adventure.

Look after your heart! And your leg! And your blister!

Best wishes

Susan

TartanWonder said...

Susan, You really are a true sweetie!
Ask your hubby to give you a kiss on each, cheek from me, please!
Well, maybe your message pushed me a little bit, but although I'm not tall (can you tell that from my photo I wonder?)I am a 'big boy' and my actions are always in the end my own responsibility.
I thank you very much for your concern and your words. Now I definitely must make it to Weymouth to show you how easily I walk those distances (well, by then I better had!).

David.