The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Friday, April 18, 2008

Difficulties arouse doubt re Charity Walk 2008

The following is an extract from an email that I've just sent to a British local authoritiy that authorised use of their facilities in an email received here last night.

"I need to mention here that I've had more difficulty than I'd anticipated in obtaining the necessary level of sponsorship to make it all possible. There is now some doubt as to whether I'll be able to meet my plan of starting on 15 May. In brief, I have my return airfare and a little more available at present, but I'm very wary of landing in London without sufficient funding to maintain the 5-month venture. So, I'm putting off buying the ticket for as long as possible, hoping that the extra funding will be found soon. I have a date of 23 April by which to purchase a discounted Singapore Airlines ticket, and a pencilled-in date of flight from Auckland of 9 May.

I'll let you know a.s.a.p. whether the WALK is on, or postponed to a later date this year which is something I'm considering, but not happily so since so many arrangements are in place already), or possibly even put off until April next year (which does not excite me at present for the reason that all the arrangements would then need to be re-done)."

1 comment:

Littlelou said...

Continued moral support xxx
Louise